Are you are looking for a best video conferencing apps? In this article, we will show the Amazon Chime vs Zoom comparison so that you can make a choice and pick you the option that is best for you.
Both Amazon Chime and Zoom are video and audio conferencing tools; they also have messaging and screen sharing features. Amazon Chime and Zoom are available on most platforms such as on web, iOS, Android, and Mac.
Amazon Chime vs Zoom
Even though they have similar features like video and audio conferencing, private chats, screen sharing, online meeting recording, ability to see participants yet, they have few unique features. Here’s a guide to Amazon Chime vs Zoom which help you to choose wisely.
Amazon Chime is an online platform for web conferencing, and meeting management with a simple check in to show who’s attending the meeting. It allows users to schedule meetings using its in-built calendar functions and also, you can join online sessions using Alexa and start meetings directly from Slack.
Users can also use chatbots within Amazon Chime chat rooms and choose a ‘running late’ option which will notify other meeting attendees. The most important feature of Amazon Chime is that it is built on top of Amazon AWS service and has more robust communication data encryption i.e. AES 256-bit standards.
Zoom is largely considered as one of the most popular video conferencing, audio conferencing, meeting recordings, webinars, and live chat platforms. It has a virtual hand rising feature and an ability to mute yourself or turn off your video during meetings.
With its click to join functionality, anyone can join meetings; all you need to do is to create a custom link and invite someone to an online session and get involved in a conversation within seconds. Co-host option lets the host to pass on the duties of the host to somebody else so that they can take up your meetings.
Amazon Chime vs Zoom: Key Features
|Price||Free and paid version||Free and paid version|
|Participants||Up to 250||Up to 1000|
|Platform||Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Cloud||Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Cloud|
|Customers||Small, medium, and large size businesses||Small, medium, and large size businesses|
Amazon Chime vs Zoom: Plans and Prices
|Amazon Chime Basic||It is completely freeLimitless person to person meetingsScreen sharingGroup messaging|
|Amazon Chime Pro||$15 per monthCan host up to 250 participantsIncludes all basic featuresInstant and scheduled meetingsPersonalized meeting linksRecording ability|
|Zoom Basic||It is completely freeUnlimited number of meetingsUnlimited 1 to 1 meetings40 minutes limited time|
|Zoom Pro||$14.99 per month and meeting hostCloud recording facilityPersonal meeting IDsFull length Unlimited timeLimitless meetings|
|Zoom Business||$19.99 per month and meeting host Cloud recording facilityAdmin control optionFull length Unlimited timeUnlimited number of meetings|
|Zoom Enterprise||$19.99 per month and meeting host (100 minimum)Cloud recording facilityCloud storage facility Full length Unlimited timeUnlimited number of meetings|
Amazon Chime vs Zoom: Pros and Cons
- You can easily conduct conference calls, chats, meetings, and exchange files in or around their business.
- It is available for every device.
- You can conveniently use either on desktop or mobile phone.
- Your chats and conversations are synchronized to keep you in touch.
- You don’t have to import any of the software if you have customers outside the company to link to the network.
- It’s easy to search for someone and add them to your contacts.
- It has fully AES 256-bit encrypted standards.
- Free plan doesn’t allow users to host groups.
- Only hosts up to 250 participants.
- It is incredibly easy to set up and use.
- Participants have a wide range of participating with a supportive and distinct chat box.
- Zoom connects very well even if your connection is not that strong.
- It allows you to control video and audio mechanism, display polls and check the chat box when questions come up.
- It is not only for meetings, you can use Zoom for multiple purposes such as an individual video conference.
- Its cloud recording ability allows you to record sessions, so that, you can share with the people who missed the meeting.
- Too many ads.
- To us it on mobile phone, you need to specifically download the app.
Conclusion: After carrying out broad research and examining all the possibilities for Amazon Chime vs Zoom comparison, it’s up to you to choose between them based on your needs, preferences, and it is important to know which package will benefit you.
Is Amazon Chime better than Zoom?
Both Amazon Chime and Zoom are video and audio conferencing tools; they also have messaging and screen sharing features. Even though they have several similar features, yet they differ and have quite unique features. It’s up to you to choose between them and know which package will benefit you.
Is Amazon Chime any good?
Yes. Amazon Chime is an online platform for web conferencing. The most important feature of Amazon Chime is that it is built on top of Amazon AWS service and has more robust communication data encryption i.e. AES 256-bit standards.
Can anyone use Amazon Chime?
Yes. It is pretty simple to use. You can easily conduct conference calls, chats, meetings, and exchange files in or around their business.
Is Amazon Chime free to use?
It has both free and paid version. Its paid version is free to try for 30 days without any requirement of credit card. Although, you can use Amazon Chime basic for free as long as you want.
Can you delete messages on Amazon Chime?
If you have the facility to program, you can utilize the Amazon Chime API to delete or remove the message from chat rooms and conversation in your account.